When Bethany was 13 months old I bought her a potty seat so she could get used to seeing it around and have the chance to sit on it fully clothed sometimes. I figured that she would be at least 18m before I even started showing her what it was for. She turned out to be more curious then I thought she would be.
A couple of weeks later I was changing her diaper only to realize that I had forgotten the snappy thing (it was a cloth diaper.) I decided to sit her on the potty seat so I could run and get one and not have pee on the floor. When I came back she had peed it it!
We started putting her on it first thing in the morning and sometimes after naps. She would drink her milk and usually pee and sometimes poop in it! That was all great until she learned to walk at 15m! At that point we gave up but occasionally sat her on the one up stairs or let her go diaper-free for a while. She would also wake up dry from her naps!
I decided a couple of days ago to start the routine again of putting her on it in the morning and after naps. She showed great interest and got very excited she heard the pee come out. Of course the best part was washing her hands!
Yesterday things changed again. She did the normal first thing. Then at one point while she was playing and stood, looked at me, and said, "Pee-Pee!" We went up stairs quickly and she peed on the potty! She asked over 10 times. She only used it 4 times but that is a huge improvement over the once or twice we have been seeing.
Today she woke up with an almost dry diaper, used the potty, stayed dry for an hour, used it again, stayed dry for over an hour and used it at the store! I am so proud of her and so excited!
VERY impressive! Go go, Bethany :) and good job, Mommy, watching for interest and being encouraging.
ReplyDeleteThanks! She has days where she rarely uses it and days where she uses it a lot but all in all she is moving in the right direction.
ReplyDelete